A couple of days ago, I rediscovered a list of goals I’d written late last year. A list that I wrote… and then immediately forgot about because life “just got so busy” (it has a tendency to do that, doesn’t it?).
It was originally a list of goals for my 21st year – “21 for 21″ it was called…however it looks like I’d only managed to brainstorm 15 goals. Oh well, better something than nothing, right?
When I came back across it I was immediately re-inspired to be proactive about achieving these goals I’ve put such a half-hearted effort into so far.
So, heres the list…
1. Run a marathon
2. Experience Thailand (grow from it!)
3. Save money for travelling
4. Cook more often – at least a new recipe per week
5. Ride in a helicopter
6. Keep learning Spanish – seriously
7. Write a short story (or non-fiction)
8. Regularly blog – find it’s direction (!!)
9. Volunteer – long term (excluding Thailand)
10. Take a painting class
11. Allow myself to make mistakes – its okay
13. Take better care of myself and my body
14. Eat chocolate!
15. Go to Tauranga
I’m pleased to report that at least a few of these are already in action! Especially after Easter, I could safely cross #14 off multiple times…
So, although life is still crazy-busy, I’m committing to working towards these goals over the next wee while. I’m all for things changing, and maybe I’ll add or remove a few things – its just great to have a guideline for a bit of self development. I’ll be sure to check in with my progress!
Crossing things off on a list is such a great feeling – don’t you agree?!
Do you have a list of goals?