After being a dormant blogger for 3 months, honey I’m home. (Good old Shania, aye)
I’ve failed miserably at blogging so far. I’ve truly been meaning to get back into blogging for a good while, but have managed to find excuse after excuse not to. I was *this* close to starting a new blog entirely…. but I realised that by doing so, I would lose one of the most important things that this blog is to me – an evolution. Being able to look back in time, discovering how I have changed and grown as a person.
Anyway, enough of the deep and meaningful. I just have to share what I made for lunch today – it was delicious! And ever so simple…
Fruity Spinach salad
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar (or you could use balsamic)
- Quarter of a red onion, finely chopped
- Cooked Greek-style sausage (but you could use any meat/sausage – bacon, salami, etc), chopped into small chunks
- 1 cup pumpkin, chopped into small chunks
- 1 orange, segmented
- 6 or 7 sundried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- Baby spinach, mesclun salad, or whatever tickles your fancy
- Chunk of feta cheese, crumbled
Place pumpkin in a dish with a little water and salt, cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
Combine oil, vinegar and red onion with a healthy sprinkle of salt in a large bowl.
Throw in the sausage, pumpkin, orange segments, sundried tomatoes, cooked pumpkin and feta cheese, then toss all together. Finally, mix through a few handfuls of baby spinach and devour!
I was also planning on throwing some avocado into this too, but forgot. Some nuts or seeds would make a great addition for a satisfying crunch!
It took five minutes to make and was as tasty as a salad you’d expect from a cafe. Mmmm!